So, you believe, you want to become a leader? Why do you believe, you are the right person, for the job? For example, have you considered, how you might, be able to consistently, effectively, responsibly, and significantly, INSPIRE others, to become more involved, and committed, and earn their trust, so they are ready, willing and able to follow you? After, over four decades of involvement, in nearly, every aspect, related to effectively, leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to over a thousand, actual, and/ or, potential leaders, as well as serving as a leader, on various occasions, I believe, some people are, probably, not ready, to lead! With that, in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, as well as requires, and why it matters.
1. Integrity; intelligence; intentions: A true leader must maintain, genuine, absolute integrity, especially, when this becomes challenging! Have you taken the time, to upgrade, the necessities, of, leadership intelligence? Are your intentions, focused on, serving and representing stakeholders, and the organization, or your personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self - interest?
2. Needs; nuances/ niche; nerve: Do you have the nerve, to proactively, proceed, forward, and put, addressing the true needs/ priorities, of your group, and stakeholders, first? Every group has certain, specific nuances, and may, fit - into, some niche, which primarily, emphasizes, a certain mission, and/ or, vision!
3. Service/ serve; solutions; strengths; strategy: How one perceives and conceives of, creates and implemented, a specific strategy, often, impacts, the ability to effectively, inspire others, to greater commitment, and/ or, involvement! If you want to lead, put service, and serving others, first, and consider solutions, and sustainability, in a wise manner!
4. Priorities; perceptions; plans/ planning; process: Are your priorities, aligned with the mission of the specific organization, and will your stakeholder's perceptions, focus, on the best, path - forward? Will you devote yourself, to quality, well - considered, planning, and introducing strategic, and action plans, which assist you, in implementing the most - meaningful, process, and path?
5. Imagination; ideology; instincts: Great leaders must possess a well - developed, relevant imagination, which creates, an inspiring message, for those, who share the core ideology, of the specific group! Will you have the instincts, to achieve this path?
6. Relevant; reliable; rationale; realistic; represent: Why would others, be motivated/ inspired, if they don't believe, your message, is relevant, reliable, and realistic? How well, will you articulate, your rationale, and why it matters? Will others perceive, you, as focusing on representing, and serving, those you are elected, to serve and represent?
7. Efforts; excellence; empathy: Will you demand your utmost degree of genuine excellence, and meaningful efforts, which emphasize, genuine empathy, etc?
If you hope to be a meaningful leader, you must, consistently, INSPIRE others, and earn, their respect! Are you, up to the responsibilities, tasks, and commitment?
Article by Richard Brody, Ezine Articles